Last Updated on July 18, 2021 by Palm Gardens
How Wild is the Wild West?
The wild west covers a vast area starting from the hill states of Montana to Texas and across the West Coast. There are a lot of activities to do in the wild west. Still, the place is often considered a place of damsels in distress. However, in reality, the West has always been a lot tamer than the place is portrayed in most popular cultures.
Having said that, certain areas faced some dangerous events of violence. This is unquestionably not a picnic spot but this is a place for the adventure-seekers. The stories of violence shouldn’t stop the explorers from immersing themselves in the wilderness of the wild west.
After you purchase a Mesa mobile home, you will be ready to explore the Wild West like a true local. The Palm Gardens Mobile Home Retirement Community is centrally located in Arizona, giving residents the perfect opportunity to get the full experience. Here are five tips for exploring everything the Wild West has to offer:
1. Go on a road trip. Arizona has great roads and fantastic destinations. Arizona is home to one of the largest unadulterated stretches of Route 66. You can stay in a historic Wigwam hotel in Holbrook or take the route to Winslow and maybe even catch a glimpse of the girl in the flat bed Ford that the Eagles sung so infamously about. No matter which direction the road takes you, you’ll find the Wild West’s best-kept secrets.
2. Enjoy dining out. Arizona’s central location makes it a great place to experience all of the flavors of the west. Enjoy a romantic dinner at Carefree Station located just 45 minutes north from Palm Garden’s AZ Mobile homes. Carefree Station offers tastes from Mexico, the South, and the Midwest, that guests can enjoy, along with views of the Arizona desert from the Atrium Patio. Palm Gardens’ residents who are looking for something a bit closer, can visit Tempe, Mesa’s neighboring city, to dine at the quaint Caffé Boa. Caffé Boa’s menu is seasonally inspired and is filled with local and organic options. Located in the heart of Tempe on Mill Avenue, this is one restaurant you don’t want to miss.
3. Bond with nature. The Wild West is home to many astonishing natural treasures. Arizona alone has 22 National Parks. Most of these natural parks are within an easy day or weekend trip from Mesa. The Grand Canyon is perhaps the most popular National Park in Arizona, but other parks worth the visit include: Coronado, Saguaro, and the Petrified Forest. Also located not far from our Mesa mobile homes, is the Desert Botanical Garden. The gardens sit in the heart of the metro-Phoenix area. Visit the gardens at different times of the year to witness different plants in bloom and seasonal exhibits.
4. Discover Native American History. Before the light-rail and the Arizona Canal Project, the Native Americans were first to call the Wild West home. The award winning Heard Museum was founded in 1929 and continues to display comprehensive collections, intriguing exhibitions and interactive learning opportunities. Follow the local news and publications for information about other Native American festivals and events.
5. Become a sports fan. The Wild West today is home to passionate sports fans. In the spring or fall, you can attend a NASCAR race at Phoenix International Raceway. Cheer on the Phoenix Suns at a basketball game or the Phoenix Coyotes on the ice; watch the Diamondbacks play baseball on their famous BobSod or see the Arizona Cardinals play at their brand new stadium.
There is no shortage of adventure in Arizona. Learn more today about the Palm Garden’s AZ Mobile Homes and how you can become a part of this great community as you explore the Wild West. For more information, visit www.palmgardensonline.com.
Written by: Savannah Ivanitski