Last Updated on February 18, 2021 by Palm Gardens
Stay cool in your Arizona mobile home this summer. As the temperatures hit the hundreds follow these Arizona mobile home parks tips on keeping cool and staying healthy so you can thoroughly enjoy your summer.
- Try to exercise during the cooler times, either early in the morning or late during the evening. If you do choose to exercise at the height of the afternoon try to keep your routine simple so you don’t over exert yourself.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing, preferably in a light color because dark colors absorb more heat.
- Be sure to fill a spray bottle with water and keep it in the refrigerator in case you need quick refreshing spray after being outdoors.
- Invest in some fans. Fans can help circulate air and make you feel cooler even in an air-conditioned Arizona mobile home.
- Keep your plastic bottles of water in the freezer and grab one when you’re ready to go outside.
- You will break a sweat easier in this high heat so take frequent baths or showers with cool water.
- Drink plenty of water along with sports drinks so you don’t get dehydrated.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol as these will promote dehydration.
- Instead of hot foods, try lighter summer meals or snacks containing cold fruit or low fat dairy products. As an added benefit, you won’t have to cook next to a hot stove.
- If you don’t have air-conditioning, arrange to spend at least parts of the day in a shopping mall, public library, movie theater, or other public space that is cool. Keep cool and have fun at the same time.
- Finally, use common sense. If the heat is intolerable, stay indoors when you can and avoid activities in direct sunlight or on hot asphalt surfaces.
Photo by: Ken Bosma